Friday 7 December 2007

300 What a film!!

I really needed to get this one off my chest, have you ever seen the film 300? The film 300 is probably one of the best I have seen in years, it is THE film of the year in my view as it has everything a man (yes women also) needs to enjoy.

300 is full of amazing fight sequences, a few naughty love scenes and humour, not forgetting quotes that you will keep saying for a long time to come...THIS... IS... SPARTA!

The film starts off with a narrative about Spartan life and how children grow up, especially the King Leonidas. After this opening sequence it opens up to King Leonidas playing with his son before Perisan messengers come to Sparta telling him to give up his throne and lands....needless to say these messengers do not last long in the film.

300 then goes on to tell the story of Spartan life and the will of the gods before Leonidas and his 300 men move off to stop the oncoming Perisan army of millions. The Persian army arrive and huge battle scenes ensue which not only get you on the edge of your seat but also get you pretending your one of the Spartan warriors...very much like you used to do as a kid after Star Wars lol.



Although the story of 300 is not one I would say is historically accurate, this is an amazing epic that really gets the heart racing. I think it is the CGI graphics which enable battle scenes that many people have never seen before which gives it something special.

My wife bought me this film as a special gift to say congratulations on a promotion I had at my place of employment and I can certainly say it is one of the best gifts I have ever received. It may be sad to say but I have already watched it FOUR TIMES!!

Here are my favourite quotes from the film 300

King Leonidas - THIS... IS... SPARTA!
King Leonidas - Spartans! Prepare for glory!
Dilios - We did what we were trained to do, what we were bred to do, what we were born to do!
King Leonidas - Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!
King Leonidas - Give them nothing! But take from them everything!

Time to go and watch 300 again I think!

0 comments: