Saturday 1 December 2007

Writing a book for all

I have pondered on many occasions the idea of writing a book, something I know many bloggers have contemplated but never really took the initiative to do.

There are many stumbling blocks to overcome when thinking of writing a book, I should know I am still trying to overcome them....but why do we let these stepping stones to achieving our goals overcome us?

The first stumbling block that I came up against was my own confidence in my writing. My confidence in having the ability to supply original content that many will enjoy to read so much so that they will pay for it.

So block number two, content....what will I write about and what style will I write it in. This one is no problem as my idea comes through a book of my life told through a fictional character rather than in the first person as a biography. Honestly you would think my life as something similar to the Forest Gump film.

Once I gained the confidence to write a book the third stumbling block took hold. This stumbling block is the ability and drive to make time to start writing the book in my head. You cannot write a book without creating time to sit down and pen the contents of it...which can be alot of writing given the amount of content ina good best seller.

Okay so I got past stumbling block one, two and three, so whats the deal why haven't I wrote a book yet? Well block four took over....why spend so much time writing a book if you have no way to publish it as many publishers are likely to look the other way. Well, well this one is easy to overcome, you just need to publish it yourself at somewhere like Lulu, am I right? Of course I am, self publishing is becoming extremely popular.

So now I am passed all these four blocks why have I not started my dream book?

Well I am back to stumbling block number one, I have the ideas and opportunity to create and deliver them through a perfect outlet at Lulu BUT my confidence is stopping me once again.

Have you ever considered writing a book yet hit any of the stumbling blocks above? If so how did you overcome them....do you think I should write this book?

0 comments: